Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Parenting with a Purpose

"Train up a child in the way he should go, Even when he is old he will not depart from it." Proverbs 22:6 NASB

As a parent, I have a responsibility. My daughter is constantly taking in and learning from everything that I do... from the words that I say and how I say them to the way she sees me interacting with others as well as my interactions with her.

Everything that I do should point her to The Lord. Every action and word should come only after thinking about how what I am doing and what I am saying will affect (or is it effect?) her.

This can be extremely hard! My little one is two. She is constantly pushing the boundaries. How I react to her actions will be extremely important to her as she grows. Do I scream and loose control easily? Do I talk to her in a way that is pleasing to The Lord? How about how she sees me interact with others. Do I show God's love to others that I meet or do I hurry about in the business that is life?

My prayer is that God will use me in a way that leads her to him.

No comments:

Post a Comment