Monday, February 1, 2010

Goals for 2010 revisited

Now that we are officially through the first month of the year I thought it would be nice to revisit my goals and see how I was doing so far.

1. My first goal was to complete The Bible in 90 Days study with the ladies over at momstoolbox. Unfortunately I have not been able to keep up with all the reading, but I'm not giving up. While I might not finish with the original group that started, I'm not giving up on this goal. I have read through Deuteronomy and will be starting Joshua this week. I am excited to have read through the first 5 books and can't wait to see what God reveals through my reading this week.

2. My second goal was to use reusable bags when shopping. This is going OK. I always take my bags in with me when shopping and only a few times have I bought more than would fit in my bags. I think only taking about 5 or so plastic bags so far this year is a good start!

3. Goal three was to make my own kitty litter. This is a goal completely implemented. I wrote a post on it here.

4. My last goal of the year was to become better with my cash system. This goal is going remarkably well. I really have saved lots of money this month by paying with everything in cash. It has also allowed my husband and I to start putting money away to send to some friends of ours who desperately need it.

This month I also found some super cute thin wallets at a local store. They are really thin so I knew that would be perfect to use one wallet for each category. When I was checking out at the store the cashiers actually made a comment about how they were glad some one had bought the wallets. They were to thin for most people to buy.

All in all, not a bad month.


No comments:

Post a Comment