Saturday, February 6, 2010

Emergency Bag

A few weeks ago the emergency sirens went off in our neighborhood. As I went downstairs (which is where we go in the event of a tornado) I was frantically trying to remember where I had put a flashlight in the event of a power failure.

After the ok to return back upstairs I decided it was time to put together an emergency bag for when something like that happened. This way we would no exactly where everything was and wouldn't be searching around for things. I started the emergency bag today with an old book bag we had lying around.

Right now in our emergency bag we have: a knife, 2 wind up operated flashlights and some water. Over the course of the next few weeks I would like to include: waterproof matches, a few granola bars, a wind up radio, first aid kit and other miscellaneous supplies.

What about you? Do you have an emergency bag and if so what's in it?


No comments:

Post a Comment