Friday, April 23, 2010

Tackling the grocery store

I love grocery shopping. It's one of the most relaxing things I can do. Even when I am on an extremely tight budget wondering how the money is going to make it, I love grocery shopping.

Under one arm I have my grocery list, coupons, and reusable bags. Under the other arm I have my one year old, a diaper bag, and a pocket book. Really, the grocery cart looks kinda full before I make it into the store :) When I get like this I feel like a woman on a mission! It makes me feel good knowing that I am providing for my family while being a good steward of the resources God has given me (I feel like I've wrote that in a blog before).

One thing that tends to come up is getting everything in the buggy with child in tow. My little girl tends to want to hold things as they are being put in the buggy or after 15 minutes she is extremely tired and wants to be held. So what's a mom to do? Have a snack!

That's my money saving tip for today: Always have a snack for the little ones on hand before you go into the store.

By doing this I am able to spend a little more time in the grocery store. I can make sure I am getting the best bang for my buck and not having to grab the first thing I see on a speed race out the door.

This also helps from getting my little one a snack at the store spending and ending up spend more money convenient items. I can pack some cheerios that I got for $1.00 a box or I can pack some apple slices bought on clearance right before they went bad.

By doing this I am able to make sure and get the things that I need while still being able to keep my little one happy :)

For more money saving tips visit Lifeasmom.

No comments:

Post a Comment