Saturday, January 2, 2010

Saving money at the grocery store

Today I went grocery shopping. It was a disaster. Plans changed at the last minute and I didn't have time to make my menu for the week and to go with that the list for the grocery store. I know that making my menu for the week saves me money. As a matter of fact this concept alone has saved me more money than any other technique I have tried.

When I went today I decided that I would make my menu as I went. What a horrible idea! I ended up just putting things into the buggy that I know we will eat. By the end of the trip while I was still under budget I don't think the food will go as far as it would if I had planned ahead.

The best way to save money at the grocery store:

Plan your menu for the week and only buy what you need :)

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to the blogging world! :) I totally understand this - too often I have gone to the store without being prepared and spend way more money and feel like I came home with nothing!

    Think I will enjoy the benefits menu planning will bring to our family!

    ReplyDelete